1/01/2011

New and Clean and Beautiful

 
      
One of the gifts I received for Christmas last week was a beautiful little notebook...just the motivation I needed to try and have a daily journal as I have done off and on during my life. 

    





  
I've mentioned before that I love new things...especially a new notebook. The unused, clean, empty, white pages are just an irresistible temptation to WRITE...write anything! Whether it's a journal of the day's happenings, a to-do list (umm, that's not me), a poem or just a record of my grandkids' names and birthdates, these beautiful pages are like a magnet to my pen.


    
I like to compare new notebooks to my life. "This day is the first day of the rest of your life" is like this first new page that I wrote on this morning. 

What the page or completed notebook looks like will all depend on what I write. What each day or the rest of my life looks like will depend on what I do and am.

My life is like this rosebud, it has the potential to be beautiful and a blessing to those who see it.

"Lord, give us the courage, wisdom, strength, dedication and love to You so that we may fulfill the potential that You desire for our lives."
                                                                


"...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3: 13,14) 

No comments:

Post a Comment