5/14/2013

Drunk With Beauty

My heart is drunk with the beauty around me.
Every day my eyes search God's creation
for the beautiful, the amazing, the incredible.
Every morning I am motivated by the thought
of what beauty I will see that day.
The intoxicating wine of the stunning loveliness
of color and form with light and shadow
is overwhelming at times...
 
Thankfully, I have a camera to capture
some of those moments!
 




 








There are times when I catch an intoxicating glimpse
of the beauty of the Lord-
His holiness and power, His love and gentleness.
Oh, that I would search for that every day
as I do in His creation around me.
Oh, that it would be a motivation in my life,
in my service for Him!

"The earth in summer is brimming with beauty, beauty of such magnificence and variety and unembarrassed lavishness, ripe beauty, lush beauty, beauty given to us with such generosity and abundance it is almost scandalous.
Nature is not primarily functional. It is primarily beautiful...Which is to say, beauty is in and of itself a great and glorious good, something we need in large and daily doses (for our God has seen fit to arrange for this). Nature at the height of its glory shouts, Beauty is essential! revealing that Beauty is the essence of God. The whole world is full of his glory."
                                                                               - John & Stasi Eldredge, “Captivating”

...The whole earth is full of His glory. (Isaiah 6:3b)

For how great is his goodness, and how great is his beauty!...(Zacharias 9:17a)
 ...I am like a drunken man, and like a man whom wine hath overcome, because of the Lord, and because of the words of his holiness.(Jeremiah 23:9b)

2 comments: